- Category: Local Business
- Published on Friday, 25 May 2012 19:58
- Written by Peter Flierl
Mobile Banking made safe and easy using First County Bank's e-banking
STAMFORD, Conn. Convenience is the driving factor in the rise of mobile banking. It opens the doors to consumer choice and access to banking options. But, as mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets become more popular, hackers are finding savvy ways to steal information. First County Bank urges consumers to be cautious when using mobile devices to do their banking.
“It’s important to take a common sense approach to mobile banking,” said Kathy Harris, president and chief operating officer at First County Bank. “Use caution on your phone just like you would a computer. If you’re careful, you can really enjoy mobile banking’s benefits safely and securely.”
First County Bank recently updated its mobile device applications for smartphones including the iPad/iPhone/iPod, Droid phones and the Blackberry. These free downloadable apps (available at their respective online app stores) further enhance personal and business customers’ experience by customizing the format and interactivity of the screens to specific devices.
Following a few simple steps will prevent a big headache later. First County Bank offers the following tips to protect personal information:
· Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on mobile devices.
· Password protect mobile devices and lock them when not in use.
· Be aware of one’s surroundings. Don’t type sensitive information around others.
· Log out completely when finishing a mobile banking session.
· Protect all mobile devices from viruses and malware just like one would for a computer by installing mobile security software.
· Regularly download updates for mobile devices and apps.
· Use discretion when downloading apps.
· If changing a phone number or losing a mobile device, alert the financial institution right away.
· Monitor bank accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to the appropriate financial institution immediately.
First County Bank, headquartered in Stamford, Conn. for more than 160 years, is an independent mutual community bank with 15 branches in Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk and Westport offering deposit products, mortgages, trust and investment services, business banking services and online banking. First County Bank has more than 220 employees and assets in excess of $1.3 billion. For additional information, please visit www.firstcountybank.com. Become a fan by clicking “Like” on the bank’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/