- Category: Real Estate
- Published on Sunday, 10 June 2012 12:58
- Written by Sandra Juliano
Written by SANDRA JULIANO, REALTOR® Relocation Specialist * Fairfield County Expert * Se Habla Espaῆol // Prudential CT Realty // Licensed in State of CT
Painting a brighter real estate market future:
- According to RISMEDIA — Home valuations will start to climb again while adjacent consumer industries will capture significant new growth opportunities in 2012 and beyond as the U.S. housing market finally turns the corner, concludes a major new study released today by The Demand Institute. The recovery of the housing market will have far-reaching impacts in the coming years across the United States and international markets as U.S. consumers increase their spending on buying, renovating, furnishing and maintaining their homes.
- CNN Money reports - Buying a home got even cheaper this week as interest rates on the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage set a record low for the fourth week in a row. The 30-year fixed mortgage, the most popular mortgage product, dipped slightly to 3.78% from 3.79% last week, according to a weekly survey by Freddie Mac. Last year, 30-year loans averaged 4.60%. The new low can save borrowers $48 a month for every $100,000 borrowed. Over a 30-year term, that comes to $17,217 compared to last year.
- April Existing-Home Sales Up, Prices Rise Again - Existing-home sales rose in April and remain above a year ago, while home prices continued to rise, according to the National Association of Realtors®. The improvements in sales and prices were broad based across all regions.
SOLD Single Family Homes in Ridgefield May 29th – June 4th:
86 Ramapoo Rd
64 Poplar Rd
47 Ramapoo Rd
26 Settlers Lane
62 Olmstead Lane
25 Topstone Rd
8 1st Lane
44-B Catoonah St
78 Pumping Station Rd
99 Armand Rd
Featured Homes For Sale:
182 Tackora Trail, Ridgefield - Immaculate Center Hall Colonial located on a beautiful private level acre-plus within walking distance to Lake Mamanasco.
Price reduced to $598,000.
39 Ledges Rd, Ridgefield – In the treetops…amazing contemporary home set on a ledge will captivate you with its scenic views and privacy. Set on 3+ acres and over 3,400 finished square feet of living space. This hillside home was built in 1987. Great weekend retreat!
35 Christopher Rd, Ridgefield — 75 Feet of DIRECT waterfront. Beautifully renovated with 4 bedrooms new baths and new kitchen! Hardwood floors throughout and unbelievable view from all rooms!
633 Danbury Rd, Ridgefield – Great commuter location. Beautiful 2 bedroom condo with 2 full baths plus powder room. Central air conditioning, reserved parking in garage in sought after Stonehouse Commons, meticulously maintained with over 1580 sq feet. Built 1995. Low maintenance fees. City sewer and water!
39 Clayton Place, Ridgefield — Enjoy 1.85 acres of lake front property adjoining the 300 plus acre Seth Low Pierrepont State Park with views of Twixt Hills and Pierrepont Lake. Last house on a cul-de-sac street offers outstanding views, extreme privacy and quiet! No motorboats are allowed on the 45acre lake but you can ice skate for free in the winter and fish for large mouth bass and sunfish in the spring and summer! Price reduced to $799,000. Open House Sunday, June 24th, 12pm-2pm.
6 Outpost Lane, Ridgefield — Beautiful one bedroom, one bath unit on the first floor. Gleaming hardwood floors, freshly painted, lovely private garden. Walk to shopping center.
2 Christopher Rd, Ridgefield — Walk to lake and private dock from this 5 bedroom, 4 full bath home with outdoor kitchen, sauna and gunite pool. Home has been renovated throughout. Not to miss!
102 Barrack Hill Rd, Ridgefield — Close to town, 4 bedroom 1.5 bath home set on picture perfect and level one acre property. Oversized rooms,. Hardwood floors throughout. Fireplace in living room. New dishwasher. Newer mechanicals. 5 year old roof. Finished lower level with walk out to back yard. 2 car garage. Price reduced to $319,000.